Have you looked outside yet? Today there is sun, actual sun shinning through my windows! It is a glorious and long awaited sight! This spring has been full of guessing. A few weeks ago, if you went outside you would get burned..(I had the red skin to prove that) and then it started cooling down, and we had rain storms, and lots of clouds. I am so happy to see the sun again! YEAH FOR SUN!
So, after thinking a lot about some things..I have decided to start including family stuff on this blog. M liked the idea of me keeping a journal of family events online. Plus, I had my old blog published, and we love looking at the book. I have been learning some things from other blogs..(Angie and Mindy) so, I have am going to try and keep this light hearted and about good things. I don't want to live my life sulking. :)
Here are a few things that have been going on in our Family.
As I posted earlier, my Grandpa G passed away two weeks ago, on May 11. He was 87. We love him, and we miss him. I don't think it actually hit me until I was sitting in the funeral services..(which fyi were 2 1/2 hours long) I was thinking about the last time I saw my grandpa. He use to place both his hands on my cheeks and kiss me with some gusto right on the lips. I realized that I won't feel his scratchy whiskers on my lips any more. That was a hard thing to face. But, he was such a good man, and he waited so long to see my Grandma again. I can't be too sad about it. He was a WW2 vet. He fought in the Pacific. He was a scout for his unit, so often times, he was the first to engage with the enemy, and often times, he would see his buddies die...He was BRAVE and FUNNY, and STRONG. And HANDSOME.
My sister was put in charge of getting all the pictures ready. She was leaving her house and went to pick up all the pictures at Costco...and to her dismay, not one turned out. She called me, and I tried to figure out what was wrong. My Photoshop skills are limited, to say the least, but we needed those pictures! So, I sat down and tried to figure out what was wrong..turns out my aunt had scanned the pictures in a very low resolution, which resulted in very blurry and very unusable photos. I spent four hours fixing that problem. A lot of the pictures were scanned from the originals, which were old and needed a lot of love. This is just and example below:
My entire family came down for the funeral. They rented a house in Green Valley and we spent most of our time over there...all but for Ethan and Mike. Ethan had a nasty cold, and my sisters...well, to put it lightly, are germ-a-phobes..so E stayed away for the most part. I missed my baby! S and L played their last soccer games on Saturday. S is pretty timid on the field still....but I really don't mind. She is a sweet and kind girl, and she would never want to take anything from anybody..even a soccer ball in the middle of an intense game. L showed off his skills and even made a goal. He was very pleased with himself. Although, he was upset because baby E drank all his water. Ooops.
Now we are counting down till the end of school, which happens to be Wednesday. We are going camping on Friday..hopefully it will turn out! Wish us luck!


Dearest E, If you ever need help with photoshop stufff...pics are easy to email. You better not forget to let me help with that sort of thing. Have fun camping!
ReplyDeleteit is so hard to lose people that have been with us for so long. there are things everyday that i realize, grandma won't be here for that, and it is hard. then i remember that she knows what is going on. i might not be able to see her or have a conversation with her, but she is aware of what we are doing. your grandpa is a handsome man!! there is just something about that generation.. my grandpa is pretty handsome too. ;)
ReplyDeletethank you Meg, and and thanks Mindy! Meggan, i will for sure call you next time! :)
ReplyDelete