Monday, June 4, 2012

Home Again, Home again, jiggty jig.

My kiddos and I were able to catch a ride up to great Salt lake valley and spend a week vegging out at my parents house.  It was exactly what the doctor ordered.  I didn't have a car, so I spent a lot of time just chilling at the house I spent most of my formidable years.  we ventured to the park up the street, and it was slightly scary.  There is a skate park there now, lots of interesting people converge there.  We ate lots of junk food, I gained about five pounds.  We drank diet coke, and by we, I mean me.  We were spoiled.  Sariah and I went on a girls night with my sisters and Mom and watched Snow White and the Huntsmen, and surprising, Kristen Stewart did pretty well.  I would say she redeemed herself.  I wasn't a fan of the vampire movies. (gasp)  We went and played with cousins, and I relaxed, a lot.  I got to listen to Sariah play on a piano, all day.  Ethan discovered he liked the piano too, and would even sing.  he sounded like a cat dying a slow and slightly painful death.  I tried video taping it, he saw me and stopped.  Good Old Roy.  We of course, had to get a sandwich and donut from the Hole, because that is tradition.  The bread, oh my.  The donuts, oh my.  And it was donut day, of all days.  We enjoyed the cooler weather.  My daddy kindly brought us back home.  The nice, cool weather slowly warmed up, until the red sand reflected the heat we felt as we climbed out of the car.  It was hot.  HOT, and it was the first time I though to myself, why do I live here?  It's so dang hot!

How's your summer going so far?

2 comments:

  1. i am so happy you got a little vacay!! but i am just a bit mad. why on earth did we not drink copious amount of diet coke TOGETHER?!?
    okay, i forgive you.
    that may or may not be because we share the same-ish opinion of kristen stewart and her acting (?) in the vampire flicks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to hang out with you! Next time mindy, you are going to be stuck drinking diet coke with me!!

    ReplyDelete