Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Where's the love?
I have been in a bad mood the past couple of days. Very bad mood and I hate that. I have been in some dark places in my life, and I have fought like hell to get out of one the past year and a half. (Excuse the swearing, please.) I have a tendency to keep things in, to not let others know how I am actually doing. This I suppose, comes from my self proclaimed position in life. I was always the listener, never the doer. I could give people advice, and I might add my advice is usually sound, but for myself, I seem to have no clue what to do. Anyway, I have struggled with my self worth my whole life. That might seem a little dramatic, but it's true. I have the journals to prove it. I have the memories to prove it. I determined last year that enough was ENOUGH. I wasn't going to place my self worth on what others thought of me, or what I might perceive that others were thinking about me. I'm pretty sure that people really didn't think of me as often as I thought...and if they even noticed me, I'm sure they weren't thinking what I thought they were thinking.....so I started to search and to discover what made me, me. It took about five months to start believing in myself. The first time I ran without stopping was a huge accomplishment. When I sat at the piano and started singing a hymn and realizing that I could sing all the high notes and actually sounded wonderful was a first for me, my singing improved and I started believing that I was a good singer. I started writing my novel again, and this time, I knew that I could do it, and that it didn't matter if it was well written, I was finally writing just for me again. I was able to look in the mirror and not see my flaws, but see that I was beautiful. Maybe not in the worldly sense, but in my own mind. I doubt very much that I am beautiful to the world, but I am finally able to realize that it doesn't matter what the world sees, but what I see in myself. So, one might ask, why is she in a bad mood? Because I can feel myself falling back to the old Emily. The pushover, the nerd, the lonely and scared Emily. I don't want to go back. I really don't. But here I am. I was always telling myself that tomorrow was the day I would start, tomorrow was the day I would get things accomplished...I am back to the old tomorrow syndrome. Please don't let me get there again. Please encourage and pray for me. Maybe I shouldn't ask, there are several people out there who need prayers and encouragement more than I, but please, if you think of me, just send a silent hello (or not so silent hello) to me. I promise to do better. I promise to not give up....just cheer me on. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Emily you are a wonderful person. I'm glad you are trying to appreciate yourself. And to me you are worth a lot. I may have not made it out of high school in one piece with out you. So know this, when we stand before God and you need someone to speak up for you for making a differnce and bringing someone closer to Christ I will be there and I know I will be in a line. You are amazing. I will keep you in my prayers and you keep fighting. I love you! You are a wonderful friend and I know you can do it. You can believe you are amazing.
ReplyDeleteNo wonder we are such good friends! We are a lot of like after reading this post. I've always been impressed with you, Em. You're always working on something to achieve and have inspired me to get in gear more than once.
ReplyDelete