Saturday, January 9, 2010

Oh, oh the big Three O!

Okay, so I have had a lot of time to reflect on my life. A lot of time. Blah, blah, blah. Can I just say, I'm really excited about turning thirty! THIRTY! I don't know why exactly. Maybe, part of me is excited because when I say 30, it sounds grown up. I'm going out of my twenties, which by and far weren't all bad, but I'm excited about starting a new decade in my life. Maybe part of the excitement is the fact that when people hear that I am 30, they will look at me like an adult? I have had many, many times when I have been mistaken for a teenager, still. STILL. I have smile lines around my eyes and mouth, I have had four children...I am not a teenager anymore. I view turning 30 as shedding my skin, letting go of my past and plunging into the future. To make this decade the best of my life. Heck, a lot of things will happen in the next ten years....such as, my daughter will be in Junior high and High school. She'll turn 16, and drive, date..shudder. She'll graduate when she is 17, I'll only be 37. My sons will both be baptized, Luke will be set apart as a priesthood holder. Ethan will start school. I will hopefully...no, not hopefully, I will set and accomplish all my goals. I seriously am so excited about 30. Some of the goals I have are simple. Like, standing up for myself more, I tend to be a little too meek at times...so, believing in myself is a big thing. HUGE. Another is to run the St. George Marathon this year, (and I expect everyone to come and cheer me on, got that? So book your rooms now so you can make it!) I want to learn a new language..actually, five! Yes, five. I figure I could do that in ten years. Think how accomplished I will seem! :) I also want to be a better member of the church. I have been slacking a lot lately. It's so very easy to not do things. But I resolve to do better. Anyway, turning 30 just means finally learning who I am, who I can be, who I have turned out to be...and so far, I'm not to shabby! So, good-bye 29, and hello 30!

P.S. I would like to thank anyone who thought of me the past month, owing to my last post, I haven't had much to say, and when I did, I wasn't sure how to put it...but there was a day when I felt those prayers and those thoughts. It was a brilliant and wonderful day! So, thank you! I felt the power of prayer that day. THANK YOU!

1 comment:

  1. You're going to accomplish at least one goal that I know of! yay!! I'm kind of excited for 30, too. I feel like I'm going to be joing a club or something, that I'm finally old enough. last year on my birthday my friend (4 yrs older than me), looked at me and said, "you're STILL not 30?!" Totally cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete