Friday, March 5, 2010

So here's the deal. I hate, absolutely hate when people talk down to me. (and no I am not referring to height difference.) I would like to think that I am a pretty smart person. I might not be the smartest person in the world, and I might not understand everything there is to know and understand. But I have a fairly decent brain. If I ask you a question, it's because I want to know more, not because I am stupid. If I don't comprehend a subject right at the first, I am willing to learn. I am quiet in my reflections most of the time. I don't exert myself too much. I am more of a listener than a fighter. Okay. This does not in any way mean that I don't know anything. My thoughts are my OWN. Please, if you talk to me, treat me like a human being. Treat me with respect, as I would to you. I have been a mother for ten years now, I have been a wife for 11 and I have been a person for 30 years. Value that, respect that. See me as a person who is worthy of that respect. The church that I am a member of has taught me that women are a valued part of this world. That our Father in Heaven deeply respects women. That we are esteemed beyond measure. We hold the children of this world, of this future in our arms. We have gentle hearts. That does not mean that we are weaker or less important than men. NO, if I dare say, this gives us more power. More understanding, and more respect. So, just because I might not understand things right away, please don't assume that I am stupid or beneath you in anyway. I deserve to have respect, and by golly if that means that I have assert myself and finally shout, then I will!!!!! I am WOMAN hear me ROAR!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment