Saturday, April 10, 2010
I did it. I ran 9.2 miles. I didn't think that i would make it. But for me, running is more a mental test than a physical test. Thus the reason I was stuck at six miles. My friend invited me to run with her. I was freaked out all week. I thought about ditching her at the last minute, because I have never gone nine miles. Ever! So, this morning, I did it. It took a little longer than I was expecting. But don't ask me what I was expecting, because honestly I didn't know. But the mental barrier was gone. I knew, deep down that I could do this. And I did. It really is all about what our minds think. If we let ourselves think about failure, than we fail. Today, i thought..hey I can do this. Seriously wasn't as hard as I thought. And I'm thinking...why didn't I try this before? The run was stunning. I wanted to take pictures, it was beautiful all the way down. so, more than ever, I believe that I can do this. I can achieve my goal. Yep, I can. It's all about turning 30 ! HA!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment