Monday, August 16, 2010
Melancholy and a little homesick..
Today has been a strange and unexpected day. It started out fine, and then a little boy asked who the baby in the picture was..and I explained that it was L's older brother Quinn. I was fine. And then M. cleaned out from under the bed..(glad it was him and not me undertaking that task) and he found my old journal. Interested I start reading. It's the journal from the year Quinn was born. I began reading. I also found the hospital statements. It's a funny kind of day. Melancholy, because there is only so much I can do about days like this. When I am at a loss. I feel that sadness creeping into my veins, the kind that diet coke or chocolate won't wash away. And homesick, because I miss that little boy...sometimes more than I can express. Healing comes. It does. Sometimes the wound is deep, and I feel it keenly. Other times, it's a scratch and I can shrug my shoulders, sigh, say a silent hello to my angel, and move on with my day. Today, it's a sharp pain. Today, I just need a hug, or someone to talk too, who will just understand and tell me that this to will pass.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Call me!!!! ♥ ya!!
ReplyDeleteIt is those sweet reminders that keep us in contact with the heavens though. Although I have never lost a child, I am thankful for the reminders that I will see my loved ones again, to know that they are very aware of what we are doing here and now.. thanks for your reminder of it to me today.
ReplyDelete((huuuug))