Sunday, September 5, 2010
After taking a very long break from exercise..I am now going to admit what this has done. It has added an extra eight pounds to my already slightly chubby body. I now look pregnant when I am not laying down..which means I look pregnant most of the day!! (why can't my belly stay flat, like it does when I am laying down?) So, I am resolved once again to start my journey again. But isn't that life? Aren't we always striving towards a better you? Sometimes, that might mean just making the same mistakes and learning from that mistake every single time we make it! Take a page from my book, as they say. I suppose this means that I really can't, really, really, can't eat what I want all the time and not have a consequence. My consequence right now is dealing with a bloated and so very attractive mommy belly. But I digress, I wanted to say, that although I haven't done so great in my eating this last week, I have managed to work out almost every day. With the exception of Friday and Wednesday. So, at least I did that. Now, on to this week, where i will begin to start being a conscience eater, for instance, I will ask myself this question "Do you really need that bowl of ice cream with caramel syrup?" or "Do you really need to eat three cookies?" or, my favorite.."are you really enjoying this food or are you just eating it for kicks?" Half the time I eat something and I don't even enjoy what I'm eating. I want to enjoy what I put in my mouth, to savor each and every bite. But alas, I haven't done that in a long time. Eating is just something to do, and not an activity I enjoy, (which is odd, considering that is how I gained all the weight in the first place!) I ordered some pants which arrive on Wednesday, and new shirt which should be coming the same day, the goal this week is to actually be able to zip those babies up! So, I am going to be brave and say..I will loose at least two pounds this week! There, it's out in the world, and I charge you guys with the job of holding me to this! I need accountability to someone other than myself, because it is far too easy for me to talk myself out of things..thus the eight pounds regained! AHHHHHH! (I'm serious, kick my little behind into shape! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are doing awesome!!! I understand the need to have someone else to report to, I have that feeling too. I was serious when I said that I'd join your loose weight by Christmas club. So even if it's not an official club, I'll cheer you on and I hope you'll do the same for me. :D Good work, keep it up!
ReplyDeleteI think it's great that you have put it out there! I have found myself thinking the same thoughts lately. I have to wear my flowey shirts to hide my muffin top, and then have people ask me (yes, a couple really have..) if I am expecting. SO fun. I have also started to pray in my personal morning prayers to have help with motivation to exercise and the desire to make healthy choices when I eat. Just a little lesson I learned. :)
ReplyDelete