Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dinner

a random picture of silliness...which has nothing to do with dinner, but at least we're happy in it, right?


Here are a few recipes I tried and thought the results were good enough to pass along. If you are like me, I love new recipes. I get bored eating the same thing over and over..in my family's case, we eat a lot of sloppy joes, homemade pizza and stir fry.

Creamy Leek and Potato Soup

6 med. leeks, sliced
4 med. potatoes, diced
2 cans of chicken stock
1/4 c. butter
1/2 tsp. salt and pepper
1 c. half and half
chopped chives

place all ingridents but the half/half and chives into a crock pot and cooke 8-10 hours on low, or 4-5 on high. after cooking, pour soup into a blender in stages, and blend until smooth. Put back into the the crock pot and add the half/half. Cook for30 minutes or until hot. Garnish with chives..my family found this soup somewhat bland. So we added our own toppings. I added fat free sour cream, turkey bacon and chives to mine.



Berry Waffles

1 c flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup berries
1 tbsp Canola oil
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1 egg

whisk together flour sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In separate bowl whisk together milk and sour cream. Add egg and vanilla and oil. Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir. Stir in berries (I used more berried than the recipe called for) cook in the waffle iron and serve with freshly whipped cream..some mint would be perfect with this!






No comments:

Post a Comment