Saturday, August 13, 2011
Am I really that old?
I feel like I am still really young, like somewhere in my twenties. I doubt I will ever feel really old. And then I have moments like Thursday, that just proves to me that no matter how hard I try, I will age. What brought this knowledge full fledged to my brain? Walking around my daughter's new school and realizing that it has been a very, very long time since I have had to transverse the crowded hallways of in my case, junior high. (Sariah is going to the Intermediate school..which for those of you who don't live in lovely WASH CO..is a 6th and 7th grade school) Sariah has left behind elementary, and judging from all the paper work we received on back to school night, and all the supplies we had to buy..elementary is far, far, far, behind us. Sariah is excited. She wanted to get all her supplies that very day, but I was tired and needed to make a very long list of things we needed for my sweetness. She is nervous, I could tell because she kept walking very, very fast, because it mattered to get through her schedule over and over again. She clutched onto her schedule with all her might and she got us to all her classes without a hitch. (and side note, most of the kids in the hallway were all taller than me or close to it. I really did feel like a 7th grader right then) She wants to be older, I think. Me? I still want Sariah to be five. She was worried about not knowing many kids, but I told her that eventually she will know most of them, and I think she is a little worried about fitting in. I am worried for her..mainly because walking through those halls brought back a lot of memories of me as a seventh grader. SHUDDER. But i think she will do extremely well. But, really, dear readers, am I really, really, really, that old? I have a sixth grader who proudly told me yesterday that she is as tall as me. Has 11 years really gone by this fast? I am scared that the next 11 will fly by. Good thing little man Ethan will be here in my home a lot longer..just to give you some perspective on my future life: When Sariah is in high school and learning to drive, Ethan will be in second grade and Luke will be just starting 6th. Then i really will be old. And in that time, you can tell me that! But not right now! Right now, I want to pretend that I am still 25.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i don't have a sixth grader but i am pretending to be that young right along with you!
ReplyDelete