Being the great mom I am, I don't have any pictures of Sariah's first day of school, I was sleeping when she left. In fact, I had no clue what she wore on her first day, or even if she had done her hair and had her lunch ready, because I am that great of a mom! I was sleeping...but she was fine, and she is very independent, so she didn't mind that I wasn't awake (or at least I hope she didn't mind)..she has to get up at the crack of dawn and head to the bus stop, and me? Well, I enjoy sleeping. Sariah made it to all her classes without any problems, she was relieved that she had home lunch, because as she put it, "the lunch line was out the door, MOM!" and after two weeks, she has figured out how to open her gym locker! Shy Sariah has been willingly talking to the kids in her class, and has started on her own, to make friends, we are very excited by this! Maybe growing almost two inches in the summer helped?(she is now as tall as me..hard thing to do, I know) As the weeks go by, I hope that her confidence will grow as well. She loves her Chinese class and her science class, she hates her social studies teacher, and she loves lunch time with her best friend in the whole world, besides her mom..JESSICA BILLS.
Luke..what can I say about this silly boy of mine? He was very excited about kindergarten. He didn't even want me to drive him to school, he wanted to ride the bus..apparently, being in the pick up line is not a cool thing in kindergarten...I took pictures, but am too lazy to put them on the computer right now..so, those will be added later. He did not want his picture taken, it was getting in the way of going to school. He looked a little nervous when he got on the bus, but I am sure he loved riding it! He wasn't sure about the no seat belt thing..but he survived. (I made it without shedding any tears..even though they were welling up in my eyes as he climbed the stairs on the bus..my little buddy was leaving me, AHHHH!) He met a little boy his age at the bus stop and they have become friends! (he was so worried about not making any friends, and I told him he was really good at making friends, to which he replied, "I am, Mom, huh?"Luke is not shy, and if he can get you to laugh at the words poop, pooh or fart, you will be his best friend)
We are now in our second week of school and our routine is pretty much set. Luke loves going to school after lunch..(he didn't want morning kindergarten because he thought he wouldn't get to eat lunch, what, does he think i would let him starve? Maybe I am that great of a mom!) Luke doesn't remember all the rules of his class..but ONE: KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF. I have a feeling that rule was said a lot the first week. Luke's favorite part about kindergarten? He gets to go to the gym on Wednesday and play in there (he even showed me some of the fancy moves he has learned from the P.E. Teacher, they are very fancy!)..his least favorite part? Story time, because according to Luke, you can't get up and get a drink or go to the bathroom. (I am thinking it's because he has to sit still for a long time..Luke doesn't like to sit still, EVER)
Ethan and I have enjoyed our time together, he is obsessed with the Ipad, and I have to take that blasted thing away from him, ALL THE TIME. He is also obsessed with gum, any flavor, and he knows where I stash my gum. He has been counting, and dancing, and twirling and getting into lots of trouble..of course, he wouldn't be Ethan if he wasn't getting into trouble..he goes down for a nap around 1, so I have about an hour of just Mommy time until Sariah gets home from school. Ethan is always sad when we get home from the bus stop..he tells me in a very sad voice that Luke went on the bus. (yesterday, he wore my brown high heels to the bus stop, and didn't take them off until nap time, he loves, loves, LOVES shoes, his favorite are the princess shoes at grandma's house) I just lost my train of thought..which means I must be done reporting on our first week of school! Here's to nine months of school! And SLEEPING IN..WHICH I ENJOYED ONCE AGAIN, THIS VERY MORNING! (and I really do miss Sariah and Lukey when they are gone..I love when they come home! Can I just keep them here with me, FoReVeR, is that possible?
that is how i feel.. keep them with me forever!!
ReplyDelete