You know you are a bad mom when you go to the store, and suddenly notice that your child has a dirty face, but not just a dirty face. NO. He has dirt all over his body, from head to toe. The worst part? You just shrug your shoulders and go into the store anyway. Hopefully you don't run into anyone you know.
You know you are a bad mom when you encourage you five year old to skip school to stay at home, because GRANDPA and GRANDMA are coming to town, you even encourage you child to tell his teacher. At least he got his homework done yesterday!
You know you are a bad mom when your daughter starts crying because you told her that the word "also" did not have to be in her language arts paragraph, and that using the word "fun" in a sentence twice isn't necessary and to think of another word and she protests that she does not know another word for FUN.
You know you are a bad mom when your kids are eating out of the cereal box and seven because you were too busy to make dinner.
If you can't tell, my life has been a little crazy. I have spent all day cleaning my daughter's bedroom. GASP. I know, she is old enough to clean her room, and I know that having her clean her room teaches irresponsibility and integrity..but after three months (no joke) of telling her that her room did in fact need to be cleaned, and even after threats of dire consequences, and still the room looked like a flash flood, tornado and earth quake had invaded it was time to step in. By stepping in, I really mean, throwing away a lot of junk. Three hours and two garbage bags later the room was finally up to my standards with threats that if she does not keep it clean, then she will come home to an empty bedroom.
I have also taken it upon myself to make Luke's birthday cake. He wanted a SUPER MARIO BROTHERS cake. DUH me, thought this would be brilliant. because you know, I have so many success stories on decorating cakes, why not just jump right in and make one? WHAT AM I THINKING? making the cake has been an adventure. It started out with planning, and sketching and making. Chocolate plastic my friends. I thought, hey I can do this, it's just shapes! UM..I forgot that i am not artistically inclined. Oh well. At least it will taste good right??
Now it's a matter of waiting for the aforementioned grandparents to arrive and have my weekend full of family and hopefully lots of fun.
it will all come out in the wash.
ReplyDeletei have my bad mom days, but those days just make my kids better kids! ;)
can hardly wait to see the cake!!