Monday, November 28, 2011

Hello World, It's been a While.

That title almost sounds like a Bon Jovi song...

I did not realize how long it had been since my last post.  Apparently I haven't had much to say.  Even know, I am struggling.  I have been reading too many blogs and feeling slightly less par, I suppose.  But hey, I am here now.  Time to start again.  As always.  Things have been busy around my house.  Ethan has been coming into his own.  He never stops.  He has been coloring all over the house.  I find his art work every where.  And when I say every where, I mean it.  He does this when I am sleeping, or going to the bathroom, or distracted by the phone or the Ipad, or cooking his meals.  He also loves playing outside and making mud pies.  His play house is filled with sand he has been spending the past four months transferring from the sandbox to the play house, one bucket full at a time.  It is now the mud house.  I love him.  Which is what I chant now every time he is up to something naughty, it seems to help slightly when I want to scream things.  I don't scream as loudly..or as long, or not at all when I say that, over and over and over again.  (which reminds me of a She &Him song)  Luke has been thriving in kindergarten.  He is a social butterfly. (can you call a boy a butterfly?) He loves kindergarten.  He loved learning about Thanksgiving.  He loved learning about the Indians and how they helped the Pilgrims plant their corn by putting fish in the garden, he wondered if we could put fish in our garden.  He did a great job singing in their kindergarten program.  He is one of the tallest in his class.  Which we knew and still can't believe.  Sariah had an accident two weeks ago.  She picked up a fork.  A fork?  Yep, a fork and injured her wrist.  She know has to wear a brace for two more weeks and then we go in for yet another appointment.  If it is not better by then we have to get an MRI done to see if something else is up.  YEAH.  she is growing up way too fast.  She looks older than 11, which can't be possible, it really can't.  I am too young to have a pre teen, really, I am.  Let's see...Thanksgiving was quiet this year.  It was spent at my parents house, which I love.  I enjoyed the caramel  yam the most this year.  Maybe because that is the only time I eat yams?    My kids got a lot of time with Grandma G.  They love that.  We put up our tree this year.  Mike got to put lights on the tree. (we got a new tree last year, no pre-lite tree..)  He picked colored lights.  Which wouldn't be that big of deal, except all my ornaments are red and white.  I don't really like the colored lights.  It looks off to me, but I decided not to change anything on the tree this year, and I let the kids just decorate the tree how they wanted and it is now the morning after and ladies, I have not touched the tree!  This is a huge step for me. :)

I am sure that other delightful things have happened, and I am sure I will think of them once I end this post.  But my brain is foggy from some dayquil I took, thank you little E man for giving me your cold..so I am off to veg out on the couch and watch Modern Family..oh my my.


1 comment:

  1. we are two peas in a pod!
    i have been slacking. peyton has been far too artsy on far too many objects (her own body included). she also gave me a cold. i hold my breath instead of yelling. i am a bit foggy too. i hope this made sense. love ya em!

    ReplyDelete