Monday, April 2, 2012

Conference Weekend

I will admit something.  You are going to gasp and shake your head.  I didn't watch conference this weekend.  There.  It is out.  My dirty laundry.  Saturday, I spent the morning session getting my two oldest ready for the first soccer games of the season.  Missing cleats, socks, and preparing snacks were all important to do's on my mental to do list.  I lost track of time.  And we had to be on the field by 12.  We barely made it on time.  And the boys and I sat and watched Sariah's game under my cute umbrella, because the sun has finally decided to make an appearance and it's too early in the year to get a sunburn...so...we didn't watch the first session.  Luke's game was at three, we went to the store, picked up some more cold drinks. Man was the sun shinning!  And headed to his game.  Where the wind started blowing, so no cute umbrella to block out the sun's happy rays..I got sunburned.  Headed home and made a very sad dinner because our cupboards were bare.  So, I went to the store.  Sunday, we woke up and headed up to Cedar City to visit Mike's grandparents.  We spent the day with them.  I spent most of it reading.  What?  Well, I was reading Catching Fire, the second book the Hunger Games, and yes, I have read them before.  But you know.  I had free time.  I spent conference weekend with my family and reading.  Gasp.

 I suppose it's a good thing they record the sessions, and that I can take my time reading the undoubtedly inspiring talks that I missed.  And honestly, I only pay attention to about half the talks anyway. I usually fall asleep during some point in either afternoon session, never fails.  At some point, I'll redeem myself.

2 comments:

  1. recorded sessions and in print too! i slept through saturday's afternoon session. the whole thing..
    i am not judging one bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't matter when or how but that you eventually do and then act. Most of the talks were about spending more time with family which you were doing. :)

    ReplyDelete