Thursday, January 31, 2013

33 is a beautiful number, no?



My birthday was this week.  I dread my birthdays. Just like I dread Valentine's day and Mother's day.  They usually end up being horrible days.

And it was.  Like usual. But I did get asked if I was 22, so I still look young, and at least I didn't get asked if I was 16 which is a vast improvement.

On the other hand, I am now 33.  I love being in my 30's.  I do.  I like how mature I sound.  Even though on a daily basis I am not so mature, I can still sound like it.  That makes all the difference.  I am a well rounded  33 year old woman.  See, 33 has it perks.  Maybe not so perky though.

I celebrated by dragging one child to a restaurant   The other two did not want to come.  They thought it would be more fun to hang out with their Grandma and eat chicken nuggets.

We ate key lime tarts instead of cake, because I did not want to bake my own cake, and living where I do, there isn't a single bakery that I would trust my pallet with.  My husband was generous this year and gave me 15 bucks, I am oh so spoiled.

I spent my birthday money the next day treating myself to lunch after work.  It was worth every bite.

See, I am easy person to please.  Really.  If someone had sent me a twelve pack of diet coke with lime, I would have been the happiest person on the planet.

I did receive a gift card to Amazon, which come on, is the best place to buy books, and I spent it all on books, which arrived yesterday and I had a hard time picking which one too read first.

33.  Three years into my thirties. where has time gone?

I still feel like a teenager. 16 to be exact.

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss your birthday?!! So sorry. Happy birthday!!!! I wish I were still there and we could do our traditional birthday dinner and presents. Love you tons and tell that man to get off his duff and wow you. :P (That's for you Mike! ;)

    ReplyDelete